Thursday, December 24, 2015

Day 37: December 19, 2015, Signs of the Times

Every few years a famous French person will complain about how English words are invading the French lexicon.  The signs shown below are some good examples of Anglo-creep.

This a small shop located between 2 KFCs.   Note the "Halal" in the upper right corner.  The owner told me it's there to prevent ISIS attacks.

 I am a little confused.  Low or High Price?

 Fun for who?  The customer or the cook?  Certainly not the fish!

I think this business paid a lot of money for soemone to come up with this symbol for their company'  Can you guess what there business is, or who they are?
(it's a bank)

The squeeze on the "E"s is real (no an opticalical illusion).  I  did not check out their merchandise, but I saw epensive clothing).  And I haven't seen a single pleat since coming to Paris.

Aptly named.

Nothing encourages learning like money.  Maybe this why so many people hate the Big Banks: they don't speak colloquial American English on Wall Street!  This  firm has many branches, so it could be successful.  This sign was often shown on the tv news shows when reporters were on location in Paris after November 12th.
There's a bonus sign at the bottom. 

I did not eat here because I am a commoner.  Or not that hungry.  Or not in the mod for King meat, bread or whatever they are selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment