Monday, March 28, 2016

Kyzyl in Photos

Having escaped Kyzyl, a fewphotos arein order.  But I forgot to mention that I deliberately got a haircut in Kyzyl.  Not too bad for $4.

I also forgot to mention that I told my interrigators about my blog.  They asked if this incident would be mentioned in the blog.  I told them it depended on how things turned out.  Won't they be surprised?  They probably won't bother to look.

I have posted some photos Kyzyl.  A cold place in March.

This is the park where the "Center of Asia" monument stands.  It's the round globe with the obelisk on top.





There must have been an ice sculpture contest recently.  Since Septemeber for sure!



Local statues in Kyzyl (Lenin and Ghengis Kahn)



This is the front of the building where I was detained.  As I leaving the black cat showed up, a bit late.


Frozen river that runs past Kyzyl.


Some photos of Kyzyl outdoors, markets, etc.



Kyzyl Airport.  Three flights a week.









No comments:

Post a Comment