Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 1: Is Paris Burning?

On Day 1 I arrived at O Hare airport around 3 pm.  Lots of people were watching CNN on various television.  First reports from the Paris troubes were coming in. I knew the stadium attack was outside the city limits, but I was concerned about the theatre.  My rentaapartment is near the Odieum metro stop.  I think the attacks will be over soon, so I am not worried.

I had a pass for the United lounge.  Not that great, except for the free wifi.

The flight to Paris is delayed four hours beause AA gave the crew the option of dropping out, so a new crew had to be recruited.  The plane is only 30% full, and I don't see many passengers from yesterday.  Plenty of space to stretch out. The second picture hows the full fight from ABQ to ORD.



This last picture shows the most popular place in the airport. 100% full 100% of the time!

So, is Paris burning? I have no idea yet.  I'm still in Chicago!

Next Blog: A Rough Landing

No comments:

Post a Comment