Friday, November 20, 2015

Day 4: Talking Heads

Today I explore my neighborhood.  My apartment is very close to Notre Dame cathedral and several universities.  There are lots cafes and bars nearby.  The current fashion seems to be mid-thigh skirts over dark stockings or tights.  Shoes vary from flats to boots.  Coats are slightly longer than the skirt hemline.  By my count the women out number the men 3:1 or more.  I don't have any complaints about fashion or the gender ratio.  As usual, when it comes to scenery, Paris does not disappoint.

There are more homeless (men) than I recall from a few years ago.  Maybe its the neighborhood.

That night I walk to Place du Republic where the news reporters are set up.  Dozens, maybe 50+ are doing live shots. Locals have left candles and flowers at the base of the monument.  Security seems almost nonexistent, here and where ever I go.  I took some photos which I'll try to transfer from my camera later.  I recognized one talking head from CNN, another from NBC.

I missed a turn walking home so I get some bonus miles in.  At 2 am I am approached by an oriental prostitute.  I wave her off, but I think how poor her income must be under the circumstance of a national crisis.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to be so annoying, but, did you sleep for the whole day and then the next day explore the neighborhood, or did you wake up and walk to Place du Republic and then still be up and out at 2 a.m.? When the caption Day 3 and Day 4 are used they look like different days, but then you say, That night......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron

    Enjoying your updates. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete